How to Replace the INFINITI Key FOB Battery
When you purchase a luxury INFINITI model to navigate Elmhurst roadways, you can enjoy features like INFINITI Intelligent Key and remote start in the palm of your hand. But what happens when your battery dies? Follow the simple steps below to replace your INFINITI key fob battery quickly and easily.
What Kind of Battery Goes in the INFINITI Key Fob?
Before you begin, you’ll want to make sure that you have the correct replacement battery on hand. The type of key fob you have will dictate the battery you need. An INFINITI Key Fob will require a CR2025 type battery, while a key fob that’s been designed to work with INFINITI Intelligent key requires a CR2032 battery instead. You can visit our parts center to make sure you get the correct battery for your model.
INFINITI Key Battery Replacement Steps
- Press the release tab on the back of your key fob to remove the metal car key.
- Once you have removed the metal key and the release tab, you will need to pry open the small panel that’s situated underneath. At this point, you should see the INFINITI key fob battery housing. We suggest using a flathead screwdriver with a small amount of tape around the end to avoid scratching or damaging your fob in the process.
- Replace the dead battery with a fresh one, making sure to position the positive side face-down in the fob.
- Reattach the small panel that you removed earlier in the process, and then reinsert the metal key along with the release tab.
- You’re ready to drive!
INFINITI Key Fob Troubleshooting
If you notice a problem with your push-button start or your key fob keyless entry remote, these tips and tricks can help you get on the road quickly or troubleshoot the problem:
- If your vehicle isn’t starting, the battery in your key fob might be low. Try holding the key fob closer to the start button to reduce the energy needed to send a signal.
- If you can’t start your car using push-button start, the problem could extend beyond your key fob battery. Try replacing the INFINITI key battery first, but if that doesn’t solve the problem, you will need to schedule a service appointment to have your vehicle’s battery checked.
- If your INFINITI key battery is dead, you can use the metal key in the back of your key fob to start your vehicle and lock and unlock the doors.
Visit the INFINITI of Clarendon Hills Service Center for Help
If you run into any problems, the certified technicians at our Clarendon Hills service center are here to help. Contact us, or drop by, and we will get your key fob in working order and you back on your way to Downers Grove in a flash. We can also help provide other service-related tips like how to clean car floor mats.
More From INFINITI of Clarendon Hills
How much can the new INFINITI QX80 tow? The INFINITI QX80 towing capacity maxes out at 8,500 pounds, allowing you to tow a fishing boat or pop-up camper with ease for those long Elmhurst getaways. The QX80 also sports a variety of other towing features and amenities to help you get the most out…
Elmhurst drivers who want premiere luxury and forward-thinking safety tech, along with advanced features and performance have long turned to the INFINITI brand. Moving into the 2021 model year, INFINITI is introducing the new QX80. Still the pinnacle of the INFINITI SUV lineup, the 2021 INFINITI QX80 is loaded with exquisite trims and fantastic features….
If you’re in the market for a luxury sedan that offers premium features, consider the 2020 INFINITI Q50 at INFINITI of Clarendon Hills. The Q50 price makes it an affordable option in its class and offers exceptional premium features and performance capabilities. INFINITI of Clarendon Hills will walk you through the INFINITI Q50 MSRP, configurations, and standard features to help you…