How Often Should You Rotate Tires?
Generally, INFINITI tires should be rotated at every 5,000 to 7,500-mile interval. Though this is a good ground rule, for exact figures on your model you should always check your owner’s manual. Still curious when to rotate tires? Read through this simple guide from the folks at INFINITI of Clarendon Hills, your Elmhurst-area trusted service center.
Rotating Tires on FWD and RWD Vehicles
The designations of front-wheel and rear-wheel drive simply mean where power from the engine is sent. For a front-wheel drive car, it is sent to the front tires, while in a rear-wheel drive car it is sent to the rear tires. This means the set of tires getting the bulk of the engine power will wear faster than the others. Should you drive a FWD or RWD vehicle, keep these tire rotation tips in mind:
- For FWD or RWD cars, tire rotation needs to be performed every 5,000 to 7,500 miles. Be sure to consult your owner’s manual for exact figures.
- If you’re performing a FWD tire rotation yourself, keep in mind to flip sides when moving the rear tires. For example, the rear right tire will go on the front left. However, when moving the front tires to the back, keep them on the same side.
- When rotating tires on a RWD car, invert the process above. Flip sides when moving the front tires to the back, but keep the rear tires on the same side when moving them forward.
- Keep in mind how you drive, like off-roading, will affect how often you need to rotate your tires. Talk with the service experts at INFINITI of Clarendon Hills to get a better idea of a maintenance schedule that fits your driving habits.
AWD Tire Rotation Tips
Curious how many miles to rotate tires on an AWD model? These vehicles work slightly differently since each tire wears differently, and at different speeds. Most experts set the standard timeline at 3,000 to 5,000 miles. Remember, though, to always check your owner’s manual for exact numbers for your specific vehicle. If you can’t remember the last time you performed a tire rotation, don’t hesitate to schedule service at INFINITI of Clarendon Hills. We’ll perform an inspection to see if you’re due for a rotation. Tires usually require a rotation once the tread variance exceeds 2/32 of an inch.
Why Rotate Tires?
Common knowledge will tell you tire rotation extends the life of your tires. Beyond that, regular tire rotation gives your vehicle additional benefits:
- Improved traction on slippery roads
- Less noise on the road
- Relieves unnecessary stress on the drivetrain
To be better prepared for hazardous weather around Westmont, keep tire rotations as part of your maintenance plan. Remember that properly caring for your tires doesn’t mean they’ll last forever. If you’re in need of replacement, our tire center can help you out!